Thursday, December 24, 2015

A quiet day.

The early morning walk was relaxing and I'd ventured out, on the dot at 6. The news that Achu was driving from Palakkad towards us, at Guruvayur, with his grandmom and mom kept me on my toes since it was the first time that he was driving solo on the highway. Their security man, Madhavan, was also travelling just to keep their confidence at an acceptable level.

They'd reached our place by a half past 9 and I trudged back after a haircut a bit later. Achu related to me certain anxious moments that they'd encountered while passing through the religious processions, enroute - it's Milad-un-Nabi today. I was damn glad that he'd made it in good time!

Madhu, my friend from New Delhi, had dropped by with his family around lunch time, after the 'first meal' ceremony of his second grandson - Nandagopal - at the temple. It was nice meeting them because it has been almost two years since he'd come to us after a similar ceremony of his elder grandson! He's taken the possession of his new flat at Kaakkanad at Kochi.

Lekha's assistant had a whole lot of jobs to do with the number of unscheduled guests piling up but she responded to them in her inimitable, efficient style though her father-in-law was transferred to the Thrissur Medical College on account of a medical emergency. Meanwhile, she'd sent Lekha, Achu and my sister for a matinee show and wound up by 4, quite late by her usual standards! She has, indeed, been a great help!!

I took mom out for her customary walk which she said that she was glad to resume after a lapse of 20 days. My walk followed soon after and then, Achu and me had got my 49th course site sorted out, updating my personal particulars in the process. Padmakumar had come in by then.

The Quarterdeck suddenly got to be noisy and exuberant with the addition of the guests.


Tailpiece.

It's gonna be a long day for Achu, Rema and Padmakumar as they drive off to Pidavoor tomorrow morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment