Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Sunday that kept me busy.

It was a sleepless night as mom kept complaining about pain in her right knee. I'd decided to keep vigil on her and kept rubbing her knee and the shin every now and then, with ayurvedic oil, when the pain appeared unbearable! I'd gone about my morning chores, helped mom while she'd her bath and in the meanwhile, Lekha was busy preparing breakfast so that Jojy could leave for Kochi by a half past 8.

I'd dropped him at the state road transport corporation's bus stand from where he got his bus almost immediately! And returned to do the sundry work like putting the soiled bed linen into the washing machine followed by the soiled clothes in round two! I didn't want Lekha to climb up the stairs unnecessarily. The new sheets and spreads were also placed. I was off to the hair styling saloon for my appointment and thankfully, it's Sajeesh this time who knew exactly as to what I wanted. He did a thorough job that I slept while he administered the massage!

From there, it was straight, by a rick, to the chemist to buy mom's medicines that required refill during my absence and I'd to collect eggs for the kitchen. By the time I'd finished my bath and done all the sundry work, it was a half past 1 when Padmakumar and Rema had fetched up. The boisterous lunch followed by non stop conversation, in which mom was an active participant, put paid the need for a siesta!

It was at this juncture that Paulson, reported about the cancellation of the train in which I was booked for tomorrow, to go to Thiruvananthapuram, due to a derailment at of the Mangalore Express, at Karukutty, in the wee hours. The departure has been rescheduled as I've to catch a bus to Ernakulam and then, proceed to Thiruvananthapuram preferrably by a low floor bus. Well, I only hope that the crowd is manageable since there would be many who'd chose the road transport due to the cancellation of the trains!

The walk was fairly brisk and I enjoyed every bit of it. A quick round of packing, an animated supper and mom refusing to climb up the stairs resulted in a late evening.


Tailpiece.

Priya and Seetharaman, who're also supposed to be going to Thiruvananthapuram to attend the function may pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat at the last moment. Let's see as to how luck is gonna favour me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment